20 Questions With
Born- Topeka, KS
Lives- Lawrence, KS
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
2. What's the best job you've ever had?
Being a professor.
3. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Don Cheadle? Jussie Smollett?
4. Would you rather have a personal chef, a housekeeper, or a masseuse?
I should say Masseuse or Housekeeper, but what I really want is a Personal Chef.
5. Who's your favorite artist or band?
I've been going through an Audra McDonald phase lately. It changes so often, today it's Audra.
6. What was your first concert?
My first concert that wasn't school music was Jill Scott.
7. If you could choose one age to be forever, what age would you be?
8. Favorite word?
Really? I use that a lot.
9. What's the best meal you've ever had?
Family reunion. Ribs, baked beans, mac and cheese, some kind of punch.
10. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
I don't do ice cream, but I will murder sorbet. Particularly fruit flavors, especially raspberry.
11. Who's your hero?
Equally my parents.
12. How do you want to be remembered?
As an engaging good hearted person.
13. What's your ideal job?
One year touring as someones backup singer and one season writing for a hit television show of some kind.
14. If you opened a store, what would you sell??
Out of print scripts, screenplays and black arts era chapbooks.
15. Do you have an irrational fear?
I'm not afraid of spiders, I just don't like them. Not really, I'm scared of a lot of things, but it's all pretty rational, like fire. OH! I have an irrational fear of having a "There's Something About Mary zipper moment".
16. Which of your five senses is most important to you.?
17. What's your biggest pet peeve?
People who travel in the left lane.
18. What was your favorite subject in school?
Reading, when we had it.
19. What do you consider your best quality?
I'm a good listener.
20. What's the best advice you've ever received?
"Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff"