20 Questions With
Born- Austin, TX
Lives- New York, NY
New York, NY
1. What was your first job?
Professional Ballet Dancer.
2. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
3. What's your favorite food now?
4. Would do you dislike most about your current job?
It's not necessarily my passion project.
5. What's your favorite movie?
That's hard. I really like "You've Got Mail". I used to say "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" but I like to think I'm a happier person now.
6. If you could learn any skill, what would you learn?
7. Favorite place you've been in the world?
I really love Santa Fe.
8. How would you spend one million dollars?
Buy a horse and a house and a farm. Give money to my family and friends and charity. Maybe start a business.
9. Dogs or Cats?
10. What's one book you would recommend and why?
Lately, for women, I've been recommending "The Neapolitan Novels" by Elena Ferrante.
11. What's your favorite season?
12. What's your favorite town or city?
Santa Fe or Austin.
13. As a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
14. If you changed careers what would you do?
I would love to be a writer. If I understood science I'd like to do some sort of environmental work...but I don't.
15. Did you ever move when you were growing up?
Yes. Born in Austin and then moved to Baltimore. Then moved to Virginia. And then to Houston.
16. What would your tombstone say?
Everyone tells me I'm really positive. Something about that? Or I think when I'm older I'll probably lean into something weird. Some over the top quote from Russian Literature.
17. What song would you want to play when you walk into a room?
"Go Your Own Way" Fleetwood Mac.
18. What would you title a book about your life?
I'm so bad at titles. "Beth Behind Barres". That's terrible, but funny and I'd never actually use it.
19. If you opened a restaurant what kind of cuisine would you serve?
20. What's the best advice you've ever received?
From Barret, he said I was trying to be an "or" when I should be trying to be an "and". I don't have to choose, I can be a full robust person.