20 Questions With
Born- Springfield, Il
Lives- I'm a gypsy
Occupation- Stage Manager
Interviewed in Folsom, CA
1. Where do you consider home?
A lot of different places. I'd say NY is partially my home. Springfield is definitely my home. I studied abroad in London, I would consider that partially home. A lot of different places are home to me.
2. Favorite place you've been in the world?
Alaska. Most of our time was in Anchorage, but we went north to Fairbanks and went dog sledding and saw the Northern Lights.
3. If you could go to one place, where would it be?
I've always said I want to go to India. I think I romanticize it, all the colors and movies I watch. But I've heard it's not the kindest to women. But I still think I'd love the colors and the food and the spices.
4 If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive, who would it be?
I have been telling people that I would spend $10,000 to spend 20 minutes talking candidly with Queen Elizabeth. I've been watching The Crown and I have a lot of questions.
5. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you choose?
Vegan Cheese. I can't really handle cheese, even though I eat it a lot. Vegan cheese I think tastes better than cheese, and I feel good.
6. What's your irrational fear?
Not being able to move. If I lost mobility and couldn't explore and walk. Maybe that's later in life, but I do think about it.
7. What's your favorite word?
Trash. I say, "I am trash" or, "things are trash" a lot. But I also say, "garbage can!" so it's inspirational as well.
8. What would your tombstone say?
Definitely my year of birth and year of death. And hopefully "Bad Ass Lesbian"
9. Tell me a joke?
I consider myself ok at this, but none are coming to mind.
10. What's your favorite movie?
11. If you could pick one age to be forever, what age would you be?
It's hard because I've only lived through 25 of them, but I think 29 is going to be a solid year.
12. How do you want to be remembered?
I want to be remembered for standing up for people and helping people and hopefully making them laugh, even though I didn't have a joke, and bringing joy into people's lives.
13. What did your 8-year-old self-think you’d be doing at this stage of life?
I wanted to be a Jockey. I really loved horses. I thought I'd be a Jockey or a soccer player. I was much faster in my youth.
14. Is there another profession you would pursue if you weren’t an actor?
I think I would work at an LGBT center, helping young adults. Something similar to social work, helping people. I've always been interested in LGBT history and I'd want to help young adults
15. Who's the last person you called?
My girlfriend, Emily. I just had a facetime with her.
16. Name one odd thing that no one could ever guess about you?
I think of myself as an open book. I'm very emotional. People might be able to guess that, but I guess we'll see when people read this.
17. If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
Open, Adventurous, and I say this and hope people agree with it, Kind.
18. What song would you want to play every time you walk into a room?
Some bluegrassy Avett Brothers song. Or, Baby I'm in Love With You, by Show Ponies.
19. What is your spirit animal?
I think my spirit animal, and this is why we have some, is a dachshund. They're small, they have tiny legs so they think they're moving fast, but they're speed walking. They like to sleep, they're goofy looking. My family has like 10.
20. What's the best advice you've ever received?
Recently I was told to listen to your own feelings more. Listen to your own needs more than others, and I've tried to do that and it's served me well.