20 Questions With
Born- Buffalo, NY
Lives- Chicago, Il
Data Scientist and Entrepreneur
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
Barcelona, it's a lovely place.
2. What's the best job you've ever had?
My current job, I love it.
3. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
John Malkovich...someone bald. Or I would love to be played by Patrick Stewart, maybe future me.
4. Would you rather have a personal chef, a housekeeper or a masseur?
I love to cook, I've never gotten massages, so I'd go housekeeper.
5. What's your favorite band or artist?
In highschool I was really into Dave Matthews. I'd still go see a show.
6. What was your first concert?
My mom and dad raised us on a steady diet of Elton John, Whitney Houston, John Denver and James Taylor. James Taylor was my first concert.
7. If you could choose one age to be forever what age would you choose?
I'm loving it right now. Like 32. You're in a good spot professionally, but you've matured enough that you don't have emotional hang ups. And your body still works.
8. What's your favorite word?
9. What's the best meal you've ever had?
This is tough. The food and the moment; there was this meal in Siena when we were on our 1 year anniversary. Not only was the food great but we had an amazing conversation with these two cops at the next table. It was amazing.
10. What's your favorite ice-cream flavor?
Actually a really good Amaretto Gelato is divine.
11. Who's your hero?
Everyone says their parents, and that's definitely true. I aspiration-ally tend to want to be like Jean Luke Picard. I want to be that kind of explorer in my life.
12. How do you want to be remembered?
As being deeply empathetic and forever curious and having spent my life trying to make the world a better place.
13. What's your dream job?
What I do now. Building a company that has social impact at its core but uses technology in fun and new ways.
14. If you opened a store what would you sell?
Rare instruments from around the world.
15. What's your irrational fear?
16. Which of your five senses is most important to you?
I think hearing. I love music and I think if I lost the pleasure of experiencing any of my five senses that's the one I would regret the most.
17. What's your biggest pet peeve?
I have zero tolerance for technology vendors who screw ver vulnerable populations by selling walled gardens to non-profits and governments.
18. What was your favorite subject in school?
I had an amazing physics teacher named Mr. Mike. I guess I'm still an armchair physicist. I would say physics.
19. What do you consider your best quality?
I have enthusiastic curiosity. My willingness in a situation to be passionate about discovering something new about someone else or the world.
20. What's the best advice you've ever received?
So I grew up Mormon and a lot teachings and views on the way we treat each other are engrained in who I am. It's probably something my dad said along the way like, "Be Kind". It was simple, but it was something he always showed in how he treated us and others.