20 Questions With
Born- Topeka, KS
Lives- Topeka, KS
Retired Choral Music Teacher and Music Director/Conductor
1. What was your first job?
I did Jingles for NBC.
2. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
3. What's your favorite food now?
4. Would do you dislike most about your current job?
People who don't work hard.
5. What's your favorite movie?
There are so many. "Singing in the Rain" is one of my absolute favorites, I just don't know. It's up there and then there's "Dirty Dancing" or "You've Got Mail" but let's stick to "Singing in the Rain".
6. If you could learn any skill, what would you learn?
To be a better cook. I like to cook, but I want to be a better cook.
7. Favorite place you've been in the world?
8. How would you spend one million dollars?
Give half of it away, take care of my friends who really need it, and then I think I would take my whole family and travel until I can't stand it.
9. Dogs or Cats?
10. What's one book you would recommend and why?
A book about musical theater, because I love musical theater.
11. What's your favorite season?
12. What's your favorite town or city?
13. As a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
A musician. I always knew that's what I was going to be.
14. If you changed careers what would you do?
I probably would be a psychiatrist.
15. Did you ever move when you were growing up?
16. What would your tombstone say?
"She's somewhere by the sea". That's only funny because when I did Sweeny Todd I could never remember the lyrics to "By The Sea". I made up the lyrics every night.
17. What song would you want to play when you walk into a room?
When you wish upon a star.
18. What would you title a book about your life?
She was a good, decent woman.
19. If you opened a restaurant what kind of cuisine would you serve?
Meats, all kinds of meats.
20. What's the best advice you've ever received?
"Be honest; don't cheat, don't lie, don't steal. Be there for everyone you can and don't expect anything back."