20 Questions With
Born- Portland, Maine
Lives- Astoria, NY
Interviewed in Los Angeles, CA
1. Where do you consider home?
New York is home base, because I have an apartment there and that's where I work. But Gray, ME, where my parents live is still defintely home to me.
2. Favorite place you've been in the world?
Definitely Italy. Just to get back to the heritage. It was a family trip which was really special. We saw a lot, it was pretty life changing.
3. Do you speak a foreign language?
What foreign languages do you wish you could speak?
Probably Italian, so I could talk to my people.
4. Best meal you've ever had?
I feel like I'm harping on this, but probably in Italy. We went into, basically this guys house, he cooked for us and it was unreal. This pasta dish with Bedelia onions and some sort of cheese over rigatoni.
5. What’s your irrational fear?
Oh geez. I feel like I have a lot of fears when it comes to my job. I know they're irrational, because I'm not going to mess up a cue, but I still have them.
6. Who would play you in your made for TV movie?
The lead singer of Panic at the Disco.
7. What would the title of your made for TV movie be?
I can only think of stupid titles. Homeschooled Hero
8. If you were on a sitcom, what would your catchphrase be?
"You're probably all wondering why I brought you here."
9. Tell me a joke?
What's the difference between a vaccum cleaner and a viola?
You have to plug the vaccum in before it sucks.
10. What is your go-to karaoke song?
As you know, Karaoke is new to me, so I have to go with the song I first chose. In The End by Lincoln Park
11. If you started a band, what would you call your first album?
Sam and the Soggy Bottoms.
12. How do you want to be remembered?
That's a deep question. I think I would just want to be remembered for the work that I did and the art I created as well as the person that I am. Hopefully all those things I contribute and put out there are positive things and I leave some kind of artistic mark that is unique and individual that will have some value to people.
13. What did your 8-year-old self think you’d be doing at this stage of life?
8 year-old Sam was jamming out on the piano pretty hard. I think he wanted to play in a rock band, or a boy band. That's probably more realistic. If I combined my hip-hop skills with my love of boy bands, I'd probably be in the next boy band group.
14. Is there another profession you would pursue if you weren’t an actor?
Yeah, I'd probably take a page out of my mom's book and do non-profit work. I really admire that. Something that would contribute to society.
15. What’s the last text you sent and who was it to?
Last text I sent was to Tim Weil, he said "do you conduct the parents voicmail post What You Own?" And I said "I do not."
16. Name one odd thing that no one could ever guess about you?
I do have a black belt in Karate. But now everyone knows.
17. What would your superpower be?
I think reading minds would be very useful.
18. Toilet paper roll: over or under?
Over. No debate.
19. If you could give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
I have a few that I go by. The one that I've stuck by is Sammymocho. It's completely arbitary. When I made my instagram account it just came to me, I liked it. A lot of people do call me Sammy.
20. You can slip your 18 yr old self a note via Doc Brown’s Delorean, what do you tell yourself?
I would tell myself to stop stressing out so much. I was so wrapped up in what I was supposed to be doing. It all worked out, it always worked out. Just keep working hard. Don't stress.