20 Questions With
Born- Deerfield, Il
Lives- New York, NY
Cedar Rapids, IA
1. Do you prefer a lake or the ocean?
Lake, since I grew up around Lake Michigan
2. What your favorite road trip you've taken?
We drove from Chicago to Florida once with my dog. It was fun having my dog on the trip
3. How do you like your eggs?
Over medium, I feel like people don't get over medium and I feel bad.
4. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
Pasta, mainly because I'm a bad cook. Pasta with vodka sauce is my kryptonite.
5. What was your favorite room in your childhood home?
My bedroom. I would play pretend for hours on end.
6. What's the first album you ever purchased?
It has to be a broadway cast album, it really could have been Rent
7. Do you read your horoscope?
No, however I am a really strong Taurus, but I don't believe in it.
8. What's your favorite kind of sweet?
Reeces. I'm a huge chocolate and peanut butter fan.
9. What movie could you watch over and over again?
August Rush. It's flawed and idealistic, but it captures how I feel about music.
10. What do you admire most about your best friend?
He's smarter than me, I usually like to be the smartest guy in the room, but knowing he's smarter than me allows me to sit back and observe.
11. Do you have any bad habits you wish you could break?
I'm a big introvert, I tend to leave parties early or not go at all. I tend to wait for friends to reach out to me. I'd like to work on that.
12. What's your favorite board game?
My family is a big Monopoly group, it was one of the few games the 5 of us could play at once.
13. Which of your 5 senses do you think is the most important to you?
Objectively it has to be sight, I use hearing a lot and I don't know how I could live without taste...so....
14. What's your favorite sport to watch?
Hockey. I didn't grow up watching but being in Chicago with the Blackhawks I was always around it and grew to love it.
15. What's your favorite day of the week?
Friday? Mostly because it's the start of the weekend and it's a transitionary day. I like my week but getting into the weekend is great too.
16. Do you have any siblings?
I have a brother and a sister, 19 months older than me, they're twins.
17. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate, oh god yes.
18. What's your favorite town or city?
Although I grew up in Chicago I'm a New Yorker through and through, I feel that energy in New York. I also really liked Durham, felt like a movie set.
19. What attribute do you find most attractive in others?
Commitment, to a craft, to creativity, to other people. Someone who knows what they want and will actively try to get it.
20. What's the best advice you've ever received?
If you don't fight for what you really want, you're never going to get anything. That's the advice that got me on this tour.